Monday, January 5, 2009

News Flash...

For those of you who haven't read my profile, and are unaware, among my numerous personality quirks lurks a moderate to profound case of OCD. Couple that with my need for organization and neatness and you can begin to sympathize with my family. That said, my daughter is 14 and rebelling against any form of organization or neatness. I try desperately to remember that it's just the teenage"ness" but sometimes the utter chaos of her room is more than I can be expected to bare. This weekend was one such instance and I kindly -- okay maybe not so much -- informed my daughter that her room would be returned to some sort of order before heading off to school on Monday. In typical DitzyDanzer fashion she ignored my "polite" request until Sunday afternoon when I had to send her off to her room whilest the rest of us got ready for a heated Pinochle tournament. To her sheer delight both of her aunts and Sally took pity on her and the three of them tore through her room like a tornado -- fyi, both aunts suffer from different degrees of the same heredity disorder -- and in no time at all DitzyDanzer was released from her imprisonment and was able to take her seat around the table.




No comments: