Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update on Scott

Thank you to everyone for the kinds words and prayers. If you were one of the 98 texts I rec'd today, I'm sorry I simply don't have it in me to tell the same story again and again. So here's where we are. The doctors have confirmed that Scott did suffer a stroke yesterday caused by a blood clot. They were able to administer the TPA and in our case at least it was a miracle drug. 24 hours after being completely paralyzed on his right side the therapists had him out of bed and walking. At this point is no residual limitations because of the stroke. He remains in ICU under observation only because of the possble complications from the TPA. They will be moving him to his own room tomorrow. We are now waiting while the doctors try to determine the cause so we can then discuss treatment/prevention options.


What I'm Thankful for Today... a family that is beyond words and a community that reaches out with love and prayers to my family. You can never know what your kindness means to us. THANK YOU!

No comments: